The holidays are upon us, so forget starting any new projects and have a cookie instead. It has been a wonderful year with a lot of great memories. Thank you all for being part of those memories for me. I love you guys! Just a few reminders.... things you may find useful or interesting:
12. Our Floriani Event is January 13-15. If you do machine embroidery, or if you know a friend who does, please consider this weekend. For only $49.95 you get 2 full days of information, examples and ideas along with demos of the latest products and software. There will be deals on threads, stabilizer, designs, software, and even project kits. You also get 2 Old City Hall lunches and a gift package valued at over $500. Seems like a no-brainer to me.
11. The Nimble Thimble will have very erratic hours during the week between Christmas and New Year's. Officially we are closed, but if you should have a quilting emergency, just call. I will in the store most of the week working on some re-organization projects, and you are welcome to stop by. But please call first so that you do not waste a trip.
10. We have lots of new juvenile prints - beautiful pastels, whimsical animals, and some fun alphabets. Keep it in mind when you hear about all the baby showers coming up.
9. Carol and the embroidery ladies are working hard to complete the HoopSisters Elegant Elements quilt. What a killer E-BOM this is going to be. Stop in and see it evolve on the design wall.
8. We had a cookie exchange to benefit St Joseph's Family Center. Demos! Fun!And we raised $1000 plus toys, toiletries, canned goods and clothing that filled my Mini Cooper to the roof. Yippee!!! Watch for a geared up version of the event every few months.
7. Sandi has designed a beautiful quilt made with the SIzzix cutter. We are having a class on Feb 6 ($35) - pick your fabrics, use the cutter and spend the day making the quilt. Picture Here.
6. Today I unpacked 15 K Fassett stripes and Anna Marie Horner wovens. They are quite a visual experience, with a hand as soft as silk. These would make a stunning quilt, or maybe a nice shirt.
5. We now have monthly groups for machine embroidery, hand embroidery, and wool applique. And there are crowds at each class. Nice to see everyone relaxed and chatting together. Come join in.
4. Nathan is going to repeat the ever popular Understand Your Serger Class I, for those who can't seem to get the hang of the mysterious workings of their machine. He will explain the WHYs and HOWs so that you can troubleshoot issues. And, maybe not create new issues. THe class is in January. Call for more info.
3. There are many more classes in January and February. check the class calendar on the website.
2. Two turtle doves1. And a partridge in a pear tree. (I ran out of bullet points)